Thursday, November 29, 2012

Birthday Babe.

Dear Erin Lou,
Listen baby cakes.  Happy Happy Birthday to my very first and most bestest best friend! You are the most amazing, beautiful, talented, and happiest woman I have ever met.  Just thought on this day I would tell you my perspective of our friendship.  I honestly do not know how we became friends... or met... ha.  I am assuming PE, since I'm pretty sure we took every PE class together (Remember how I beat you in push-ups last year? ;)).  As Madi and I have talked about, I really had no real friends until Junior year of high school... haha.  I remember at the end of sophomore year Morp was coming up, and as I was super excited to be 16 and thought it would be fun to go on a date! We were friends for sure, but not super close.  I was talking to some other friends about going in a group, but never felt really comfortable with it.  I remember standing there talking with them, and having the thought that I should ask you if you wanted to go to Morp together.  I thought it was a random thought, but you are an amazing person, so why not?
And then Morp happened.  And you introduced me to all your amazing friends (who are now my bestest most favorite peeps :)) I really appreciated how you welcomed me in, let me sit with you at lunch, and was always smiling.
The next year, Junior year, my mom told me I had no friends.  She was totally right.  Haha.  So she handed me money, said go find some friends and take them to dinner.  So naturally, you were the first person I thought of (and then of course, Kendall).  And from there, I have no clue what happened.
But everyday I am so grateful for your friendship and love.  I know for a fact that the Spirit prompted me to ask you to be in a Morp group with me.  Heavenly Father knew that I needed you in my life, and I am so grateful for that.  Love you, Erin Lou Hardy.

Love, Sadie (your most bestest best friend)

Somehow this is the only photo I have of just the two of us? Hahaha.
P.S. Can't wait to see your face again :)

1 comment:

  1. My Sadie, Sadie. I just read this again today. Thank you so much for all your kind words. You are the greatest and always so caring and thoughtful. I love you to New York and back. Really, more then that, but for the sake of a being clever it must stay.
    Love,
    Erin Lou

    ReplyDelete