Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Weekend's Worth of Gratitude

Day 10:

This day of gratitude comes with a story.  Last night, my friend came to the BYU game with me, and at curfew I walked him back to his car down at the Smith Field House, which is about 15 minutes from my apartment. After talking for ages in the parking lot, I decided I should probably get home, since it was 1 a.m.  I start the long walk home, and then realize how beautiful everything around me is.  Here in Utah, when we have snow on the ground, it doesn't get fully dark at night, and the sky glows this brilliantly warm purple.  It was also snowing, and I was completely alone walking across campus.  I should have felt terrified to be literally the only one on a 560-acre campus, but I felt so peaceful.  It was the most relaxing time, and gave me so many chances to just think.  So today I am grateful to God for blessing me with such a peaceful experience, as well as for blessing me with safety, and blessing me to be at a church school where everything shuts down at midnight on Sundays.

Day 11:
Decorating for Christmas with my new best friends (aka the roomies)
It took a look of hard work and muscle to cut our tree down in the treacherous bookstore forest...





No comments:

Post a Comment